Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Embrace Ideal Protein!

I found that while on Ideal Protein the first week was difficult. Going through the initial process of taking out the carbohydrates and sugars from my diet was rough to say the least, but after going into ketosis I felt great and it was then a process of Ideal Protein becoming routine. Into my second week, I was okay, in fact I was better than okay. I felt great, I was organized and well prepared and had no issue continuing through all the phases. I learned a great deal about myself as a person during this program, but one thing I would like to share is FOOD!


While on Ideal Protein, I learned to cook. To further clarify, I could cook before, but with such limitations on this program IP forced me to become creative. I took a look at the approved seasoning and got very friendly with them, also Walden Farms saved me from boredom. These products allowed me to take my favorite meals and modify them to fit Ideal Protein. A client of Ideal Protein and BodyLanguaguage enthusiast told me just the other day of a wonderful recipe I would like to share and hopefully you can not only prepare this dish yourself, but become inspired to cook in new ways!


Green Chile Alfredo with Chicken and Pasta, Really??


- Spiral cut zucchini and cooked it like you would pasta, but only for a minute or two.

(run cold water over after cooking to ensure not to OVER cook the “noodles” and drain)

If you’re like me, I don’t have a pasta maker, so cut your zucchini in long flat strips...and voila you have fehttuchini!


- Bake Chicken till almost done, you can use a bit of your approved oil here.


- Saute green chile, it is after all, chile season, can you smell it in the air?


- Cut up 5 oz. of chicken into the skillet with the green chile.


- Pour some Walden Farms Alfredo Sauce into the skillet with the chicken and green chile to heat the sauce and finish cooking the chicken and chile.


- Once this is hot, pour over your zucchini pasta, sea salt and pepper to taste.


ENJOY and Ideal Protein approved Green Chile Chicken Alfredo Pasta dish!


Although I am in the maintenance phase of Ideal Protein, I still make many meals as though I am on phase 1 or 2. I don’t seem to miss the carbs. In fact, I am eating more than I have before. Each day I make sure to consume four to five servings of veggies, I have cut down on my fruit which has in turn cut down on my cellulite, and I eat my protein of course! Not to say I don’t eat bread, pasta or foods high in carbohydrates because we (humans) do need that, but I definitely find I eat other food groups first and then have a serving or two of carbohydrates daily. I feel great, look great and am so glad I went on Ideal Protein.


Ideal Protein allowed me to loose 12lbs fast and changed the way I think about food for life. This is a life-style change, it needs to be or you will find yourself gaining the weight back. So please embrace Ideal Protein, don’t just follow the plan, but learn how to prepare food in a better more health conscience way.


Body Language Team

No comments:

Post a Comment